The Vision of the UMW
“Turning faith, hope, and love into action on behalf of women, children, and youth around the world.”
Living the Vision
- United Methodist Women provides opportunities and resources to grow spiritually, to become more deeply rooted in Christ, and to put faith into action.
- UMW is organized for growth, with flexible structures leading to effective witness and action.
- UMW equips women and girls around the world to be leaders in communities, agencies, governments, and churches.
- UMW works for justice through compassionate service and advocacy to change unfair policies and systems.
- UMW provides educational experiences that lead to personal change in order to transform the world.
The Purpose of the UMW
“The organized unit of United Methodist women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.”
Currently the leader of the United Methodist Women of Christ Church is Peggy Bermudez. Peggy can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the list of the past presidents of the Christ Church United Methodist Women. Past Presidents.
The Christ Church UMW offers several “Circle” groups for women to get connected, involved, and serve. If you are interested in visiting or joining a circle or if you would like more information, please contact the circle leader or Peggy.
The Rachel Circle is lead by Grace Markello and meets on the third Tuesday of each month at noon in the Wesley Room. Grace can be contacted at email@example.com.
The Circle of Joy is lead by Peggy Bermudez and meets on the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at various locations. Peggy can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.