The Outreach Team here at Christ Church is extremely active with connections throughout the community. The leaders of our team are Lee Watson (Lwatson60@roadrunner.com) and Peggy Bermudez (email@example.com). They are always looking for new opportunities and volunteers. Please contact them with questions, ideas, and support.
Listed below are a few of the outreach opportunities with which we are actively involved. If you would like to get involved , please contact the church at 839-2460. Most of the groups below can also be contacted directly.
Central City Café
- Volunteers needed the first Tuesday of each month to help prepare and serve meals from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sign up in Crafts Hall.
- 200 East Eagle Street Buffalo, New York 14204
- Phone: (716) 856-4943
Family Promise of Western New York
- “Local churches provide temporary housing for families in transition.”
- We volunteer for this ministry through Crossroads Lutheran Church.
- Family Promise’s website.
Habitat for Humanity, Buffalo
- “Helping God’s people in need to obtain simple, decent housing since 1985”
- Visit www.habitatbuffalo.org to take the safety quiz and sign up to work on a house.
- Donate building supplies, furniture, or appliances that are in good condition to the Habitat ReStores. Call (716) 852-6607 to arrange for pickup of items.
- Shop at the ReStores located at 501 Amherst St. and 1675 South Park Avenue in Buffalo, New York.
- Give a financial gift to Habitat Buffalo. Christ Church was the first partnership church of Habitat Buffalo, and we fulfill our promise to give $1000.00 each year. Checks may be made payable to CUMC. Please write “Habitat Buffalo” on the memo line.
Journey’s End Refugee Services
- “Where home begins again.”
- Helping refugees relocate to the Western New York area.
- Find out more at the Journey’s End website.
- 2495 Main Street Suite 317 Buffalo, New York 14214
- Phone: (716) 882-4963
- Fax: (716) 882-4977
Primera Iglesia UMC Food Pantry
- “Primera Iglesia’s food pantry now serves 700 families each month.”
- Donate non-perishable groceries for the food pantry any time at the church.
Seneca Street UMC
- Inner city missions.
- After-school program with CDC President Cheryl Bird.
- Find out more at the Seneca St. website.
- 1218 Seneca St. Buffalo, New York 14210
- Phone: (716) 825-6742